Thursday, November 1, 2007

OVERDUE UPDATE!!

At last.....
Thanks for all the well wishes, good luck comments and even the personal e mails checking that I am OK!!!

So, my new 'boobs'. . . . . . . . . .ARE GREAT!!!!
I have alot to update so will do it in parts!

PART 1 - Breast Augmentation - My Experience (WARNING: may be boring)
Monday 22nd October
My Dad drives me to the Hospital on the way to work, I head in, book into the DOSA (day of surgery admissions), which is like a big doctors surgery waiting room.

After being processed and in order of time of operation you get called to head up to another waiting area which is next to the preparation ward.

See the anaesthetist, (asking him for pre-med to be prescribed!), get called through to a bed, nurse does all pre-op checks, gown up, in my case ask for the pre-med the anaesthetist prescribed, get sleepy watching tele in bed.

The op time comes and I was wheeled to theatre, saw doctor who drew lines on me, given anesthetic, mask over face...................ZZZZZZZZZZZ

WAKE UP!!! tightly bandaged around torso and chest, no pain, just tightness. Drains either side.
Taken to my room, stats taken and checked by nurse, shown how to use my call bell and bed remote......... ZZZZZZZZZZ AGAIN!!!

Drift in and out of sleep, see lunch come and go as just couldn't stomach anything, start to feel a little discomfort, not pain, ask for some painkillers.........ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ AGAIN.

Barely manage to string a sentence together when Paul visits, once he's gone I wake up a little, still can't eat my dinner, watch tele, and keep looking down checking out what may be under all the bandages!! Really hard to gauge as the bandages push them down and in and you can't really get an idea of how they look.

Nurse makes me drink a glass of water and then comes back and wants me to get out of bed to go to the toilet. Back to bed, get comfy, NOT, to go to, yes you guessed it SLEEP :) for the night. Due to the painkillers wearing off and having slept pretty much all day I am wide awake at 2am, cant really move alot as I was scared I would pull something, so just lay there for a couple of hours and finally got of to sleep.

TUESDAY 23rd October
Breakkie brought round, which I was gagging for, I was starving.
Nurse then came and un-bandaged me, then I could see my new 'boobs', was a little worried at first as to how high they seemed to be. It felt so good to have the bandages off.
Was advised by the nurse to take some painkillers about 1 hour before drains were removed so did that.
My doctor came round to check, he was pleased with how they were looking.
Nurse then came to remove drains, now, this did hurt!!! but was about a 3-4 seconds each side to remove them, she then put on waterproof dressings and then I could have a shower.

I was then re-bandaged and off home to rest for the day until my appt at the doctors rooms the next day, to be shown how to massage them and be fitted with the Bras I am living in day and night for 3 weeks.

So step by step how it was for me from entry to hospital to home.
Overall a positive experience, very little pain, more like discomfort and I am pleased to report my results are getting better by the day.

If anyone has any questions please ask in comment or e mail me.

Part 2 - Recovery to come soon
Speak soon
Shar x

14 comments:

Amy said...

Hi Shar,

So glad everything went well for you. My friend came back to Oz to have hers done three months ago and she is so happy with her results. She says it was really hard to get used too and she said she felt like they were really high too. She is so happy now though!! I hope your recovery keeps going well.

Take care and enjoy resting

Love aims
xx

Claudine said...

I'm so happy to finally hear from you! I was coming everyday to checkup on you :)

I'm glad everything when well and that you are happy with the results. That is what is most important.

It's good to have you back Sharleen! xxx

Splice said...

Thank you Shar for sharing your experience with us. I will stay tuned for recovery!!
Hugs,
Deb

Sue Heintze said...

Sounds like your experience was a lot different to mine! I had the bandages and drains for a week! Couldn't see what was underneath for a long time. It's funny, they feel like they are 'stuck on' for quite a few weeks and then suddenly, you can move them and they finally feel a part of you. Good to hear you had a relatively pain free recovery!

Sue
x

SeLiNa said...

Hey Shar!
WOW WOW WOW!!! Thanks for sharing your experience!!! I'm soo glad for you that it was relatively pain free and that you're happy with them.
Enjoy your nice long rest, I bet you're already itching to be back up taking classes!
Rest up!!

Anonymous said...

Combatgirl has taken her blog down for a while but she's still reading our blogs and commenting just not blogging herself at the moment. :o)

Tara said...

I am so glad that you are back safe and sound Shar!! Glad that the op went so well for you. It is really comforting to hear as I plan on getting mine reduced and put back to where they were before children, at some point - funds permitting, and i had only heard how painful it is. Thanks so much for sharing.

Hope you are back your usual self quickly.

Tara xxxx

sarahz said...

Hi Shar
Thanks for posting it was interesting. Just wondering where you got them done?
Cheers
Sarah

Em said...

Thankyou so much for sharing your experience :)
I hope you get the results you want and i look forward to hearing more of your recovery :)
Em:)

Pip said...

Thanks Shar, great read!

I'm glad it worked out well and you've through it fine!

Pip

Nic said...

Hi Shar,

Good to hear your op went well and you are happy with the results. It will only get better from here and you will be ready for summer & a new bikini!

Take care,
Nic

Kie said...

Hi Shar,
Glad it all went well for you and with very little pain.
Kie xx

Unknown said...

ooo ooo ooo!! How exciting!! They tend to sit higher and take a while to drop into place, but wow, you will be one hot momma!! Rest up and enjoy the time you have off!!

Miss Positive said...

So good to hear that everything went well Shar! I'm sure the new additions look great. All the best for the recovery!

Hilary xx