Thursday, November 8, 2007

Part 2 - Recovery

17 days since surgery and all is well!! VERY WELL

I have to say I have found the whole process so far a smooth one.

I am now back to exercising daily at low intensity.
From 5 days after surgery I have been out walking, at a brisk pace daily.

From 10days after surgery I have been back at the gym doing low intensity cardio
on the crosstrainer, walking incline and recumbent cycle being careful to keep a low to moderate heart rate only due to the risk of internal bleed or clot formations being disturbed.

At 12 days after surgery I commenced a lower body circuit with Hubby guiding me, light body weight exercises, seated ham machine, some medicine ball work.

My doctor is well known Perth and is highly recommended. When I was researching having the procedure, I took this into account and along with the professionalism of him, when I met with him and that of his clinic and staff I made my decision to book my operation.
Before surgery his was the only name that came up when receiving recommendations and since surgery when I have been asked by someone who did my op and I state his name, they either say "that's who my friend/sister/cousin etc went with" or "that's who has been recommended to me".
I am in no doubt whatsoever I have had the best Surgeon do my Breast Augmentation.

My after care has been amazing.
Day 1 Surgery
Day 2 - seen by doctor
Day 3 - Clinic, seen by doctor and nurse
Day 5 - Clinic, sen by nurse
Day 10 - Clinic, seen by doctor and nurse
Day 16 - Clinic, seen by nurse

So my incisions have healed 'extremely well' and look 'really good' for 16 days apparently
I have started to use my bio oil.

So all in all so far so good on the 'boob' front. :)

I had a few days after surgery where my food was a little snacky and picky due to feeling a bit offish and I just ate what I fancied, when I was awake and hungry.

But all back on track now. Paul is committing to clean eating with me so that helps alot.

Paul and I have decided to design my nutrition plan and if I do say so it looks good.
It will take me to the end of the year along with a training plan we have put together, then a change in training and food in the lead up to official prep, which will start for All Females in July.

I think the saying is 'All coming together nicely'.

OH YEAH!!!!! How did I forget this and not post it as the beginning!!
We have a new Fitness First Opening in WA, December 13th.
FITNESS FIRST SUBIACO PLATINUM

I interviewed last Thursday and was told yesterday I will be the Group Fitness Manager there!!!!! I AM OVER THE MOON!!
I just love teaching GF and cannot wait to design & implement the Timetable and recruit a passionate group of Instructors to make 'my' new club a raving success especially in the GF studio.

Be Strong, Be confident, Believe,
Shar x

Believe in yourself and
all that you are.
Know that there is
something inside
you greater than any
obstacle.
Christian D Larson

14 comments:

Charlotte Orr said...

Cogratulations Shar, glad everything is going so well for you! Cheers, Charlotte

Em said...

Well done!!
Congratulations on the job front and the boob front, you are coming along in leaps and bounds :)
I can't wait to see you on stage at the all females, i am all fired up can't wait :)
Hope the rest of recovery goes well :)
Em:)

Kie said...

Hi Shar,
I'm so very happy for you atm everything seems to be going great guns (O:
Kie xx

Dianna Broeren said...

Congratulations on the boobs and the job! I love RPM so much I am actually considering becoming an instructor........never thought I'd imagine myself as an instructor! Apparently we are going to be getting a FF where I live.....can't wait!
Di
XX

Shar said...

Hey Girls

Thank Charlotte, yep all is good, I get a bit worried when everything seems to fall into place, nothing normally runs smooth.

Hey Em, I can't wait to the All Females, I had a geat first comp this year and would love to catch up with everyone that attends a little more next time.

Thank Kie, all coming together :)

Di, You should definately do it, even if it took you 3-6 months to teach your own class and you just did some shadowing and team teaching to start you would gain an awful lot for your own classes. DO IT!!!! Where is the FF going to be? I cannot wait to be involved with opening a club up and sourcing my team!!

Thanks for the comments girls
Shar

Splice said...

Hey congrats Shar, that's great news :-)
Thanks again for your update, you don't know how much it helps :-)

You asked if I would be cometing next year, I was thinking of the Sep/Oct comps.

Take care and have a great weekend.

Deb

Ursula Beck said...

Hi, great news on the new boobs, I had mine done in Feb and there the best thing I've ever done. Let me know how your going with training and stuff.. Talk soon :)

Unknown said...

Wooo thats awesome!! Subiaco will be a nice area to work in as well! Great to hear your new assets are healing up as they should!! Have a great weekend hun xx

LizN said...

Congratulations - I'm so glad things are going well. Hooray on the Subiaco job :)

Hugs
Liz N

Tara said...

Shar, about time you gave us an update :p lol. I am really glad to hear that your recovery is going so well. and a giant YAY!!!! at the new job!! congratulates babe!! Have fun sorting out your new nutritional plan. I am loving mine post comp :)

Take care,

Tara xxxx

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear that you're recovery is going well. Being fit and healthy going into it is such an added bonus, halves our recovery time. As for bio oil, I'm still using it to this day Shar. It's great for scars. I'm due for my 12 monthly next month, can't believe it's been a year already. Boy how time flies. :o)

And congrats on the new position, you're certainly going places. ;o)

Lia xx

Claudine said...

Sharleen,
You are my hero. I am very happy for you, everything is going so well! But you should post more often! ahahhah xxx

Pip said...

Congrats on the job front Shar!

That's awesome and well deserving I reckon! I hope it's true, - Fitness First members at one gym can use all FF's! If so I'll be down to train for variety!

Good news on the boobs too! Glad they are healing well!

Pip

Jadey said...

Thats awesome Shar! COngratulations n the new job and best wishes with the opening!