Monday, September 24, 2007

WANTED.............

Directions to Shar's switch please.........









.....so that next time it needs switching ON I can do it sooner!!!!

I have spent the last 2 weeks doing alot of thinking, alot of battling, alot of chatting with my Mum who has been here from the UK and it looks like I have emerged better than I have been since my comp.

I wasn't going to come back to blogging for a bit but have decided to do so. The support that you get here is fantastic, I did find it helped whilst prepping and also I love that you can go back and read over previous posts.

So I'M BACK.

It has been one shit ride since comp but I can only learn from it, learn from my reactions, learn from the whole process.

My first lesson learnt is that whenever I have had success I have always had a target, an end date / goal etc.
This is a good motivator for me to get to where I want to be BUT this can no longer be the case.
I have to make this a Lifestyle, no begginning, no end, just a constant state of health.
Hence the new blog name.
I intend to embark on living the lifestyle.

I intend on getting back to a place that is maintainable all year round, leaving me only little work to do if I decide to compete again.

It is my intention to compete again next year, but right now my priority is to put all the lifestyle changes I made during prep into practice, find consistency and focus.

Although I have been consistently training since comp it is the food I have been struggling with.
So I want to log my workouts and whether i ate to plan each day.

My day numbers are purely so I can see how far I have come as each day passes, I have no end point right now, obviously when / if prepping for a comp there will be 'COMP DAY' but this will not signify the end, just a pit stop on my what will now be a constant journey.

Day 1 - Monday
Exercise
A.M - 45 minute run
P.M - 45 min incline power walk


Eats
5 meals 100% clean and to plan

Water
3 litres
1 litre of White Tea - Not tea with milk, white tea as in the more potent green tea.

Hope you are all well and those who are close to comp now, don't forget to blog as much as poss, its great to read how you are doing.

Shar x

7 comments:

Claudine said...

Its great to read you again! And I love your profile picture btw! Very nice :)

p.s. Go learn some french! ihihihih

Pip said...

Great post Shar!

Awesome to see you posting again!

I've come to a similar realisation as you, - (although have never been as dedicated as you or with achievements as spectacular!).

What you do, - and what you have achieved is FANTASTIC. To still manage to instruct and motivate people at Body Attack means you must still be mega fit!

I am shuffling my more lardy self, (currently at least 15kg more than when you last saw me, - yes it's the first time regain has happened that fast!) - off to the gym again. Last 2 days for me so far, - on track so that's the mentally worst bit over! Am going much slower now to get heart rate near 200bpm than I was.

I have a strategy to keep control and feel confident of lifestyle success though this time.

Pip

Tara said...

Hiya Shar, Good luck with your refocus. Thanks for continuing to blog. Your blogs are great to read.

Tara :o)

Anonymous said...

You're doing great Shar!!

One day at a time and thanks for coming back to blogging. This little community of ours is awesome with the support.

Combat Girl

Kie said...

Hi Shar,
Is there such a thing as returning to normal after comp. I havent competed yet (soon) and I'm struggling now, with how/what do you do after comp? So I say again thankyou for your honesty and I look forward to reading many more post from you. Stay strong and focussed.
Kie xx

Magda said...

Hi Shar,

what a great approach and attitude to apply. I must confess that I'm having nervous thoughts about life after comp (when I'm not totally focussed on just getting to the comp) so I will be VERY interested to follow your progress and hopefully take some tips from you.

Cheers Magda

Splice said...

Great to see you back Shar :-)
Focusing on the lifestyle change is simply perfect and I hope it goes smoothly for you.
Deb