Thursday, June 7, 2007

Calling all Figure Girls and Backstage Bit*#es

OK so two posts in two days, 'what's going on' I hear you cry!! :)

But this is a request for all you veteran compers to don your thinking hats and give me some great tips and advice for my upcoming FIRST COMP!! ..... Please?

I thought it would be great to gather as much info as possible in relation to the week prior to comp and comp day itself, so, if you would like to help me on my way :) tell me what worked for you.
Previous Backstage Bit*#es, you can tell me anything you can about things I need to make sure I have to ensure a smooth prep to the stage!!
I know it is a very individual thing but I figure its best to be aware of everything than nothing!!

So, if you would like to offer some tips and advice my way please e mail me the following (cut and paste if you wish) to sharleyinoz@yahoo.co.uk

Top 2 Diet Tips or Advice:
1)
2)

Top 2 Training Tips or Advice:
1)
2)

Top 2 Beauty / Make up / Hair Tips or Advice:
1)
2)

Top 2 Tips on mentally coping!!!!
1)
2)

Your Best Bit of Advice:


This will not only benefit me but also the other Novices amongst us.
I look forward to my e mail being full!!

THANKS GIRLS!
SHAR X

5 comments:

stacytoby said...

You HAVE to forward me any great ideas that come your way with this email stuff Shar - great idea! :)

Stacy

RaeC said...

Top 2 Diet Tips or Advice:
Only 1 - Stick to your nutrition plan to the letter. Not long to go now!!

Top 2 Training Tips or Advice:
1) Do as your trainer tells you!!
2) If you are low in energy, just push through as best you can with whatever is in the tank.

Top 2 Beauty / Make up / Hair Tips or Advice:
1) Don't use frosted pale eyeshadow! It looks wrong against the dark skin.
2) A sparkly little hair clip looks cute and catches the light!

Top 2 Tips on mentally coping!!!!
1) You have done all you can do by the time you get to comp. It's time to enjoy the experience of stepping onstage because you cannot control what the judges are looking for.
2) If you're nervous, just remember that every girl onstage with you is a first timer too. You're all in the same boat. Be confident, but if you're not, fake it!! You don't want to look like a deer in the headlights onstage.

Your Best Bit of Advice: Take an MP3 player with your song on it and listen to it backstage and run through your routine a couple of times before you go on.

Jaime-lee said...

Top 2 Diet Tips or Advice:
1)Consistancy, Consistancy, Chocolate ; )
2)Dont EVER stuff your face with a dozen hot cross buns straight after final stage appearance.....need I say more.

Top 2 Training Tips or Advice:
1)Dont do leg squats or any plyometric jumping after a meal of eggs or any other stinky food ; )
2)Dont perve on Hot guys in the gym when your spotting friend with 80kg chest press...doesnt work ; )

Top 2 Beauty / Make up / Hair Tips or Advice:
1)Dont wear purple/blue eye shadow
2)or taffata.

Top 2 Tips on mentally coping!!!!
1)book yourself into the crazy farm 2days out of comp
2)OR move out of home 2days out IF you still want your family around after comp.

Your Best Bit of Advice:
Place gladwrap around your toilet seat so your visitors dont think you have had an explosion in the bowel department.

LOL...I hope I made you laugh ; )

ENJOY IT BABZ and take each day as it comes.....and make lots of friends backstage!! everyones there for the same reason! to show their great achievements!

All the best x x

Ali said...

Hi there, just catching up on blogs, hope everything is still going along really well towards your comp, what a good idea about the tips. :)

Ali xx

Unknown said...

I hope you get loads of emails and tips!!

There used to be this great american website called extreme athlete and alot of the women posting on their were body builders, im sure if you checked out that site you will find loads of info in relation to comps. There is a section dedicated to first time competitors!!