Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Shar's 2007 & 2008 Goals

Well 2007 was a big journey........

JAN 07
saw
us return
from a great
4 week trip
the UK.
Spending
valuable
time with my
very special
family.
(BG, Mum,
Maddi & Me)



(Me and my niece)











JAN - MARCH
Saw me do my classic yo-yo dieting. My weight actually maintained
even if on the higher side of where I wanted to be.
I was moved to a different Fitness First after the acciqusition was closed.
BG turned 11 years old.

MARCH 07
Saw me make the huge decision to start comp prep for the ALL FEMALES in July.
SAMO became 'SARGE' and told me to trust her and she would get me there.
Pretty much end of MARCH - JULY became all about training eating and sleeping!
and of course transforming my body.
FROM THIS..........

16 WEEKS OUT 14 WEEKS OUT



















8 WEEKS OUT



















7 WEEKS OUT



















6 WEEKS OUT



















4 WEEKS OUT



















TO THIS ......................



















THANKS SAM!!!! Your a star. xx

JULY - DEC 07
What an incredible emotional and mental journey I had in the 2nd half of the year after my first comp.
I have continued to find myself fighting and struggling to get back to a regular clean eating plan for more than a 3 weeks at a time, interspersed with binging and mental games.
Exercise has been consistent so things could be alot worse if I hadn't been exercising!

September saw my Mum and Nan visit from the UK, this was just a fantastic few weeks and we had a great time.

October saw me gain a chest back!! What a easy, comfortable, successful process this was.

Maddi turned 4 in November.

December saw me achieve one of my main goals within my career here in OZ and that was to open a new club as GFM. I have been lucky enough to choose my team of instructors, each of them I feel honored to have on my timetable and Subiaco Platinum is going to rock as Group Fitness develops.

2007 Wrap Up.....
I found great strength in doing my comp prep, mental and physical. But unfortunately I end the year at possibly my lowest point on my weight loss/body image journey (even at my heaviest).
This absolutely has to end.
My kids have continued to grow into confident, intelligent and successful little people.
My Career has taken a turn that will now see me settled in 'my own' club for the considerable future and I just love what I do.
My husband continues to be very successful as a Personal Trainer. He is also the most caring, considerate and loving person I know. I am very lucky to have him as my husband and my best friend. Paul - I love you dearly. xx

Shar x

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

2008 - Time For Change

Now or Never / Sink or Swim / Rise or Fall / Take Part or Watch / Go or Stay / Yes or No / I can or I can't / I will or I won't / In or Out / Positive or Negative

I'm done with crying, I'm done with fighting daily, I'm done with wasting my energy, I'm done with making excuses, I'm done with self-damaging thought processes, I'm done with heading down a path I've seen before 10,000 times, I'm done with worrying about what other people think, I'm done with feeling guilty

I'M DONE.

2008 WILL be a good year.

GOALS

To become a strong and positive woman by working on my thought processes and behaviours.

Take on board the opinions and advice of those I value and love only.

Spend quality time with my husband and children.

Continue to achieve at work.

Train and eat consistently to help me find a place physically I like to be at.

Compete in Figure again, having made improvements on last time I stepped on Stage.

Consistently blog, using the fantastic support network that I have found you all to be.

Wishing all you fab women a healthy, happy and safe year ahead. THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR SUPPORT.

Here's to 2008 - Shar x

11 comments:

Charlotte Orr said...

Hi Shar,
Happy New Year!
Great pics!
Hope everything's going well with your new job.
Cheers,
Charlotte

Miss Positive said...

Wow what a year you've had! I love those pics of your figure transformation.

Happy New Year, and have a fantastic 2008!

Hilary xx

Claudine said...

Hello Sharleen!
Your transformation was amazing, both physically and mentally.

I am living the breakdown you had back in November and I totally understand how you feel now... it is crazy!

Once we get past that, we are stronger. There is first time to everything :)

Happy new year to you and your family! xxx

Jadey said...

Happy New Year Shar! I hope you acheive all you have set out for yourself in 2008 plus more. xoxoxox

Magda said...

Hi Shar,

I know you will make it to that physical "happy place" as you have it in you to achieve whatever you want once you let yourself.

Let go of the past and grab 2008 by the balls and go get what you want.

Cheers

Magda

Combat Girl said...

Shar,

I hope 2008 is the year that EVERYTHING comes together for you. You sure are heading down that path, just keep reminding yourself to believe in yourself and that you are awesome.

Love
CG

Em said...

Good on you darl :)
You can do it :)
Have a fantasstic new year hun, i reckon tis is going to be a big year for us all :)
Have a great week hun:)
Em:)

Melanie said...

Thanks Shar,

Hope your 2008 is awesome!

Melanie

Lisa said...

Hi Shar,

Keep strong and healthy. trust yourself.

Lisa

RaeC said...

You went through so much in the second half of the year honey. Something I read that has really stuck with me is "sometimes you have to reach your very lowest point before you commit to making permanent changes. You will do this... I have 100% faith that you will. You cannot go through what you went through without coming out the other end stronger and kicking butt xxx

Dianna Broeren said...

Happy New Year Shar. I look forward to following a year filled with triumph and achievement for you in 2008!
Cheers
Di
XX